Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec
Note: Events are at the Frederick First Church of the Nazarene unless otherwise specified.
- 1: New Year's Day
- 13: Men's breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
- 13: District Teen Bible Quiz at LifeStream Church, Waldorf, MD.
- 15: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 19: Church Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- 20: Women's ministry gathering. Saturday at noon. Elections for Women's Ministry Council. Please bring a friend, and a refreshment to share.
- 20: Work and Witness organization meeting at Severn Grace Pointe Church of the Nazarene in Severn, MD. Strongly encouraged for all who are participating in the July mission trip. We will meet at the church at 8:45 a.m. and carpool. Initial deposit is due January 20th.
- 21: Sanctity of Life Sunday: Let life shine in our community. Volunteer, donate, pray. Our congregation partners with CareNet to help share God's love and meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who walk through their doors.
- 26-27: Teen Festival of Life. A celebration of God-given talents for all youth of the Mid-Atlantic District at Severn Grace Pointe Church of the Nazarene in Severn, MD.
- 27: Community Prayer Walk: Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
- 28: Child Sponsorship Sunday. A table will be set up in the lobby with information on how you may sponsor a child. This event is sponsored by Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM).
- 3: Teen Bible Quiz at Gaithersburg Church of the Nazarene
- 3: Outdoor Show Outing. Harrisburg, PA. Depart at 7:00 a.m.
- 4: Annual SOUPer Bowl: Sunday, immediately after Worship Celebration, bring your favorite kind of soup or fixin's and join us for a meal together.
- 4: Deadline for submitting deposit for Work and Witness trip in July
- 8: Last day to register for Mid-Atlantic District Layperson's Retreat without paying late fee.
- 10: Men's Prayer Breakfast at 8:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
- 10: Baltimore Auto Show Trip. We’ll leave the church at 11am. Admission is $12, plus you’ll want to bring money for food.
- 11: Annual Church Elections: Sunday following worship.
- 13: Shrove Tuesday
- 14: Ash Wednesday: We will have an Ash Wednesday service to open the Lenten season of prayer, fasting, and repentance. The service will begin at 7:00 p.m. This will be followed by Bible studies for adults, youth, and children at 7:30.
- 14: Valentine's Day
- 17: "Spring" Cleaning (in the middle of winter.)
- 19: Washington’s Birthday (Federal holiday)
- 21: Midweek Choir Rehearsals Resume – Wednesday, February 21st, 6:00 p.m. in preparation for Easter. “Come, Christians, join to sing!”
- 23: Teen Ice Skating at Skate Frederick. Depart Church at 7:45 p.m. through 10:15 p.m.
- 23-25: Mid-Atlantic District Layperson's Retreat, in Ocean City, MD. Wonderful time of inspiration, fellowship, and renewal. Click here for additional information and registration. Register by February 8 to avoid late fee.
- 24: Easter Choir Rehearsal at 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- 24: Women's Ministry Baby Shower at noon in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a light snack to share and shower gifts for Jackie Yatich.
- 25: Semi-Annual Alabaster Offering: Begin collecting your pocket money, search your cushions for loose change, and be ready to march your Alabaster box to the wooden church on the altar during our Sunday worship service. It’s fun to hear the change jingle as it is placed in the wooden church. If you need an Alabaster box, some are available in the Welcome Center or see Clara Swengosh. Cash and checks are also gladly accepted. Remember 100% of giving to Alabaster Offering goes to building schools, churches, clinics, and other Nazarene buildings around the world. In 2016, nearly $2.5 million was donated through various Nazarene churches for Alabaster Offering. Thank you and bless you for giving.
- Feb 25- March 3: World Week of Prayer
- 1: Evangelical Minister’s Fellowship Luncheon: Thursday, March 1st at noon. We’re partnering with Arn Bjorndal and Youth for Christ to host the March luncheon in our fellowship hall. Would you be able to help with setup, serving or clean up? We’re also looking for 4 folks to prepare crockpots of soup, if you might be able to do so. It’s an honor to partner with and serve the community. Let us know if you can help.
- 2: Church Board Meeting: Friday, March 2nd, 6:30pm.
- 3: Calendar Meeting: At 11:00 a.m. in the library. All ministry leaders are welcome.
- 3-10: Emergency Family Shelter at FredNaz. Our church will be hosting the shelter March 3- 10. Your help is needed to clear rooms for these families to sleep in and to share God’s love by providing meals and being present. Sign up on the bulletin board in the lobby to help with this ministry.
- 10: Peru Mission Trip planning meeting – at Severn Grace Pointe Church of the Nazarene, at 9:00 a.m.
- 10: Easter Choir Rehearsal at 10:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- 11: Daylight Savings Time starts (set clocks ahead one hour)
- 11: The Gideons to minister at FredNaz at 10:45 a.m.
- 11: March Fellowship Dinner – Come join us for lunch and further interaction with our friends from Gideons International following worship celebration on March 11th.
- 17: Men’s Prayer Breakfast – Saturday, March 17th, 8:00 a.m.
- 17: Baby Shower for Sarah Harne – Saturday, March 17th, 12:00 p.m. Baby Shower at noon in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring a light snack to share and shower gifts.
- 24: District Teen Bible Quiz – Saturday, March 24th, at Severn Grace Pointe Church of the Nazarene.
- 24: Community Prayer Walk at 1:00 p.m.
- 24: Care Net’s Celebration of Life Banquet – scheduled for Saturday, March 24, 2018 at the Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, 5400 Holiday Drive, Frederick, MD. Doors will open at 5:00 with light hors d’oeuvres; seating will begin at 6:00 pm. There will be a sign up sheet on the bulletin board for those who are interested in attending. Individual tickets are $35, or ten of us could go together and a table would cost $325. Read this flyer for additional details.
- 25: Palm Sunday
- 25: Hike Sugarloaf Mountain. Departing church at 1:00 p.m.
- 30: Good Friday - Communion Service at 6:30 p.m.
- 31: Easter Choir Rehearsal at 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- 1: Easter: Join us for a special service in celebration of Christ's Resurrection. Our choir and musicians will lead our time of worship along with a special message from Pastor Merki. Everyone is welcome. Stay afterwards for our potluck Easter lunch and Easter Egg hunt.
6:30 a.m. - Sunrise Service at Lake Whittier with Brook Hill UMC.
(Note: No Sunday School classes are scheduled this Sunday.)
10:30 a.m. - Easter Celebration Service
12:15 p.m. - Crockpot Potluck! (Meat will be provided.) Bring a crock pot, a salad, or other side or dessert to share.
1:15 p.m. - Easter Egg Hunt for toddlers through 5th Grade
- 7-9: Mission Advance: The Mid-Atlantic Nazarene District is sponsoring a three day Mission Advance, Saturday through Monday, at the Turf Valley Conference Center, 2700 Turf Valley Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042. The agenda includes Saturday sessions for Nazarene Missions International (NMI) and Nazarene Youth International (NYI).
- 14: Men's Prayer Breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
- 14: NYI Parent Meeting at 11:00 a.m.
- 18: Webinar: "Supporting Grievers When Their Assumptions are Shaken" Wed, Apr 18, 2018 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT. Click here for free registration.
- 20: Church Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- 20: Teen Night
- 21: Women's Ministry at noon
- 28: Teen's Trip to Hershey Park
- 28: Kitchen Clean Up
- 3: National Day of Prayer
- 6: Mentor Kickoff
- 11: Church Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- 12: Church Work Day - Come in the morning to help with the yard and facilities.
- 13: Mother's Day Luncheon following Worship Service
- 19: Men's Prayer Breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
- 19: Women's Ministry at noon
- 19-26: Emergency Family Shelter
- 25: Teen movie night at 7:00 p.m.
- 28: Memorial Day
- 29-June 2: Emergency Family Shelter
- 2: Sunday School on Saturday: Join us for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. All current, potential and interested Sunday School teachers, substitutes, and helpers are invited to join us for breakfast as we discuss plans for the upcoming year. We will also touch on opportunities that go beyond Sunday school.
- 10: Graduation Sunday: Come celebrate our graduates with dessert following Sundary worship.
- 16: Men's Breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
- 16: Women's Fellowship at noon
- 17: Father's Day
- 23: Breakfast with a Missionary: Join us at 9:00 a.m. Everyone is welcome to share breakfast with Floyd Cunningham, from the Asia-Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary (APNTS) in the Philippines.
- 30: Prayer Walk at 1:00 p.m.
- 6-10: Children's Camp
- 15-17: Vacation Bible School (VBS). Join us each evening from 6:00-8:30. Contact us at VBS2018@frederickfirstnazarene.org for more information, including registration or to volunteer.
- 18: All Church Picnic at Shookstown Park (sponsored by SDMI and NMI)
- 25: Christmas in Summer Choir Workshop
- 2: All-Church Labor Day Weekend Cookout. Join us this Sunday, September 2 at 6:00 p.m. for a cookout at the Merki's. Meat and drinks will be provided. If your surname begins with A-K, bring a dessert; L-Z should bring a salad or side dish.
- 3: Labor Day
- 8: Church Work Day: Show up at 8:00 a.m. to help with some yard work and other work around the building.
- 14: Church Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- 15: Men's prayer breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
- 15: Women's ministry meeting at noon on Saturday with a special guest speaker.
- 21-23: Mid-Atlantic District (MAD) Women's Retreat at Rhodes Grove Camp and Conference Center.
- 22: Concert by Matthew West and Jordan Feliz on September 22. Visit The Great Frederick Fair for ticket information.
- 30: Alabaster Offering - 100% of giving to Alabaster Offering goes to building schools, churches, clinics, and other Nazarene buildings around the world.
- 8: Columbus Day
- 12: Church Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- 13: Men's Prayer Breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
- 13: Annual Talent Show -- Starting at 6:30 p.m. Join us in Fellowship Hall for a make-your-own hot potato bar, desserts, auction, and an evening of talents. See Maria Aldrich, Robbie Runyon, or Sharon Hawkins to sign up for the talent show, donate items for the auction, or for more information. All money raised from the auction will be donated to support women and children's ministries in Frederick and around the world.
- Click here to see a few photos of this year's talent show.
- 20: Strengths 101 Training. 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. We are each fearfully and wonderfully made with a combination of talents that God gifts us with that make you unique among everyone who has ever lived. The talents are the source of the strengths we have to serve God and accomplish the good works He has prepared in advance for us to do. These same strengths are the source of the best work we do and the ways we have to bless the people we live & serve beside. Come to this workshop where you’ll learn about your own top five strengths and receive tools with which to help others around you to understand their strengths too. Instructor: Ken Balch
- Saturday, October 27 at 10:00 a.m.: Choir Rehearsal for Christmas Worship Celebration.
- 28: Pastor Appreciation Dinner, immediately following worship service.
- 31: Halloween
- 2: First Sunday of Advent
- 16: Christmas Worship Celebration
- 24: Christmas Eve
- 25: Christmas Day
- 31: New Year's Eve
Return to top